Have you ever wondered how cheese is made? Or how milk gets from the farm to your local grocery store? Join Dairy MAX, your local dairy council, on Friday, July 13th for a tour of MouCo Cheese Company and La Luna Dairy Farm to learn how dairy gets from the farm to your table. Issues of high interest, such as organic versus conventional, hormones, antibiotics, animal welfare, food safety and sustainability will be addressed.
Friday, July 13th, 2018
- 8:00 AM (Optional - free bus) Meet at the Park-n-Ride at Highway 66 and I25, 3777 Highland Dr, Longmont, CO 80504
- 9:00 AM Group 1 Tour of MouCo Cheese; Group 2 Farmer's Market Tents with Dairy MAX
- 10:15 AM Group 1 Farmer's Market Tents with Dairy MAX; Group 2 Tour of MouCoCheese
- 12 PM Lunch in the Park (provided by Dairy MAX)
- 1:00 PM Tour La Luna Dairy Farm, 9003 N County Road 9, Wellington, CO 80549
- 3:00 PM Board Bus/Depart La Luna Dairy
Dress comfortably and according to the weather conditions. Feel free to wear shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, cowboy boots, etc. We will be providing bio booties to cover your shoes. You will be visiting a food plant; with that in mind, please no chewing gum while at MouCo Cheese and please avoid wearing clothes covered in pet hair.
Maximum number of people on tour is 40 people.
This event is open to CAND members only as space is very limited.
Sign-up deadline is Friday, July 6th. To register, visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409054aadac29a7f85-dairy
CEU credits: 5
Cost: $15 per person
* for those driving their own cars/meeting us at MouCo, please carpool if possible as there will be limited parking at MouCo and at the dairy farm.